We're now just about a month before graduation and the spectacular lock-in party! While we still have a couple of events to go (Scrapbooking day on Sat, May 7, DeutschenPfest Wings N More booth from May 20 to 22, and flocking continues...), we also need to start getting ready for the party.
Attached are 2 important things:
A registration form: the earlier your child is registered, the more chances for a grand prize they get. Please get them in ASAP! This Friday is the first deadline to be eligible for 5 chances to win.
A volunteer sign-up sheet: please let me know what your preference is and what time you're able to donate. We already have a few people signed up (Linda Casper, Diane Harvey Anderson, Olga Garcia, Kathleen Campbell will be there all night - if that's incorrect, let me know!) and I'd like to hear from everyone else re: your availability.
Set-up: We will be setting up on Friday June 3rd from 2 pm - 7 pm. Please help if you're able! We'll be doing a final check on Saturday between 12 noon and 2 pm.
Saturday night: Since our graduation is at 6 pm, we may not get there until just before the event. There are some non-2016 parents that have volunteered to step in and cover for us, just in case we're not there at a decent hour.
Forms can be found here CC2016 Forms
Thanks, everyone - this is going to be fun!
May 7th, 2016 from 8:00AM-6:00PM at the Connally High School Cafeteria.
*Come enjoy a FULL DAY of Scrapbooking in Austin/Pflugerville*
Connally High School Project Graduation is planning a One Day Crop. We would like to invite you to come join us on May 7, 2016 from 8:00am.-6:00pm at the High School Cafeteria. Must be 12 years of age or older to attend.
Your $30 ticket price will include generous table space, complimentary snacks and beverages( tea, lemonade and water), lunch at Noon (Schlotzsky's), a chance to win fabulous door prizes, a silent auction with scrapbook supplies and craft items & tons of fun!!!
Everyone is invited to bring something for the silent auction, new or gently used scrapbook supplies, or your handmade creations. All proceeds from this auction goes to the Project Graduation fund.
Questions: Teresa Nicholson--HOTS Club Treasurer 512-965-0276
To reserve your spot please send check or money order made out to CHS Project Graduation, to Teresa Nicholson 102 Harbor Circle Georgetown, TX. 78633
Please include name, address and email. You will receive an email as confirmation of receipt of your check and registration for the event. Directions will go out with your confirmation email.
Added Benefit: Connally Project Grad staff will provide help unpacking your bags and helping you to get setup in the crop room
Deutschen Pfest Weekend:
May 20th-22nd, 2016 at PflugerPark. Volunteers needed for the CC2016 WingNMore Food booth and the CC2017 Car Smash booth sponsored by Caliber Collision. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the CC2016 booth and David Books or Holly Books for the CC2017 Booth,
REVERSE RAFFLE DINNER:
2017 Reverse Raffle Dinner and Silent Auction
February 19, 2017 @ 6 PM at the Pflugerville Lion's Club
Our biggest fundraiser of the year! This huge community event includes a reverse raffle, entertainment, dinner, door prizes, games, a silent auction and raffle items. It’s a wonderful evening and we hope to see you all there!
Ticket sales for the event will begin in January, 2017.
Here's where we need help:
- Collecting donations! To help, contact our coordinator, Miriam Moorman (email@example.com). Silent auction items and raffle items are still needed to make this a fabulous fundraising event!
- Selling tickets! Pick up a 10-pack of tickets at the next meeting or arrange with a team member to pick them up.
- Working the night of event! We will need help with the check-in, raffles, clean-up, etc to make sure that the night goes smoothly. Sign up here to help:
Save your donations! We are sponsoring a Goodwill Drive in April. Please save any items that you would normally donate to a charity. If you donate them to us for our drive, we earn money for CC2016! If you don't want your donations hanging around the house, never fear - we have had a storage unit generously donated by Shurlock Storage at 805 Pflugerville Pkwy in Pflugerville and we can pick your things up! Contact any team member.
Our pink flock of flamingoes would love to come and “flock” a lawn for a special birthday, anniversary, or just for fun! Cost is only $25! This is a unique way to surprise someone on their special day. If you’re interested in “Flocking a Friend”, contact Head Mother Flocker Cathy Cook at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Linda Casper at email@example.com, 512-771-3005. You can find a flyer for flocking here.
We're still selling our 1200 Thread count sheet sets for $45, no matter what size. They come in aqua, black, burgundy, camel, chocolate, cream, grey, mocha, navy, plum sage, white, rust and lavender. They are as soft as Egyptian cotton and are very long-lasting. You can find a flyer with sheet information here.
To order, please send your name, address and cell phone number, with size, color and quantity to Miriam Moorman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CONNALLY LOGO WINTER SCARVES:
We are selling them for $15. Contact any team member.
UT and CONCERT OPPORTUNITIES:
There may be opportunities in the spring to serve beverages at concerts held at COTA (Circuit of the Americas). If you are interested in doing this, TABC certification is necessary.
I have some updates for our upcoming events. I still need groups for all of the following:
- 5/7: check-in @ 7 am, estimated wrap-up @ 2 pm ($50 per person)
- 5/12: check-in @ 3 pm, estimated wrap-up @ 9 pm ($50 per person)
- 5/20: check-in @ 5 am, estimated wrap-up @ 9:30 pm ($125 per person)
- 5/21: check-in @ 5 am, estimated wrap-up @ 6 pm ($125 per person)
- 5/27: check-in @ 5:30 pm, estimated wrap-up @ 11 pm ($50 per person)
- 6/1: check-in @ 11 am, estimated wrap-up @ 10 pm ($125 per person)
- 6/2: check-in @ 8 am, estimated wrap-up @ 9:30 pm($125 per person)
- 6/3: check-in @ 7 am, estimated wrap-up @ 9:30 pm ($125 per person)
- 6/4: check-in @ 6 am, estimated wrap-up @ 8:30 pm ($125 per person)
- Jeff Dunham: Thursday, May 5th (check-in @ 4:30 pm)
- Pentatonix: Sunday, May 8th (check-in @ 5 pm)
- The Cure: Friday, May 13th (check-in @ 4:30 pm)
- Rihanna: Saturday, May 14th (check-in @ 4:30 pm)
- Thursday, May 19th (check-in @ 2:30 pm)
- Friday, May 20th (check-in @ 2:30 pm)
- Saturday, May 21st (check-in @ 10:30 am)
- May 13th -14th: UIL- group of 6 people
TABD Certification Instructions:
To get certified you can take an online course, which takes 3-4 hours and the end you will get a certificate that you can then email to me. The cost ranges from around $11 to $15 depending on which one you use. A link to a list of all TABC places is at http://www.tabc.state.tx.us/training_and_certification/approved_seller_training_schools.asp. Courses that I know people have taken online are
Next Meeting Date:
January 11, 6:30PM - CHS Library